Here is the much needed mod to set up the locking tailgate Toyota overlooked on so many of our Tacoma models. Imagine control of locking your tailgate with your existing stock key fob. You CAN with this powerful little actuator motor yourself. No more second guessing if you left the tailgate unlocked. No more popping the physical key out of the fob to insert and manually lock. Shouldn’t this be standard already on all these trucks Toyota?!
Please watch our Tutorials & Mods page for adding a power tailgate feature to gauge your level of comfort with this modification and wiring.
Our 12 volt actuator is Tacoma compatible and does the following for you...
- Adds automatic lock to your tailgate
- Syncs tailgate with your key fob button
- Includes mounting wire arm
A few things needed before you begin...
- Must have basic knowledge of wiring and soldering
- Required items not included: 16 gauge 2-conductor wire
- Included mounting wire arm requires custom bending & drilling
- Consult simple DIY instruction videos
- Extra tools needed: Soldering iron, solder, pliers, wire cutters, wire stripper, drill & drill bits